Thursday, February 24, 2011

i hope being cute is a genetic

conner and his little brother jace (my nephews) have always been fascinated with my pet fish. i remember when i first brought them home the two boys sat on my bed for hours staring into the crystal clear tank, wanting to feed my new fish every two seconds, poking their finger's in and out of the water to see if the fish would bite, and asking my favorite question... "can we hold them?"

apparently when conner came home from school he ran up to my sister kellie, and said... "mommy, when we get our new house we're going to get a fish and a turtle and put them both in a tank so they don't walk away." (you all are thinking of a fish and turtle walking out of your room right now, aren't you?) he asked kellie what fish eat, and her response: "fish food and turtle food?" conner's response, "nooooo. no mommy. i think we should call aunt kendra and ask her."


he called, i missed it, but he left the cutest voice mail.

i could hear kellie and jess prepping him with questions in the background.
he said hello, asked me the simple question of what fish eat, and when kellie told him to say "talk to you later" he paused for a good few seconds and then said... "she won't talk."

i got a perma grin. it was so simple, but exactly what i needed after a stressful day.

i miss my nephews. and oh, you too abbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment