Sunday, August 14, 2011

one week down, one week to go

i suuccck! when i'm home, i suck. only at blogging though.. aaeee! BUT REALLY..

me, scooter, mama, tay, and bree all went to portland this week to be a part of ashley's wedding. my oh my, was it beautiful. the portland temple is without a doubt one of the most beautiful places i've ever been. it's practically in narnia! the temple itself is surrounded by what seems like a pure forest, you can see nothing but tree's on the temple grounds. you almost discover it out of no where, and i love it. ashley was a stunning bride, her and michael made a dashing couple. i'm jealous of their eternal bond. baahhh..

after the wedding reception friday night, me and the crew ventured to downtown portland to the world known "voodoo doughtnuts". let me remind you, it was almost 11:oo at night and terrifying, but we had been waiting to go the second our car tires hit portland pavement. i've never seen so many drunk middle aged man trying to pick up hookers, and girls on so many drugs their eye's wouldn't go straight. the doughnuts though, delish! such random combinations and designs. they even have vegan ones! the one i ate was; peanut, chocolate, oreo.. talk about an explosion in my mouth. loved it.

we dipped out of oregon early saturday morning and made it back in time to see even more family! everyone from the wedding followed us back up to washington, and we meet some others that had came from wyoming. i. love. my. family. it was so nice to see everyone again. our house got owned, and the shaved ice stand was delivering. it was the sweetest random family reunion we've ever had here in good ol' moses. my mom made scones, and my dad made dutch oven chicken.... again. an explosion in my mouth. me and scott helped the missionaries transport one of their investigators around that night. he has cerebral palsy, and taught himself how to talk at the age of 9. i would of never even guessed if he wouldn't of told us. he was such a thug, and was cracking jokes left and right. he kept calling scott a sissy. talk about my new best friend :) we went to the bakers reception that night as well (now that i'm writing all of this i'm impressed with how much we fit in that night). and again, a beautiful bride and another dashing couple to be jealous of. what's up with all these weddings?! sheesh! it was so nice to see all of my old friends again. it's like nothing ever changed.


welp, this week is fair week. which means lots of boating, demo derbys, space burgers, and rodeos. oh, and we got box seats! 

last week in moses.
then me and scott attack provo.

i cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment