Wednesday, April 4, 2012

d i s t r a c t e d

so here i am.
trying to blend in just like any other zoobie would in the BYU library. 
feeling like a cool kid and pretending to be half as smart or stylish as half of these kitty cats.

i have graduated from hair school (it's about time, right?) and all i have left in my way now is passing my state boards so i can get licensed and start working. 
it fascinates me to think that i just spent 2,000 hours of my life, and 20,000 of that cash money i sure don't have and it all comes down to t w o tests. two little tests. one written test, with 100 questions. and one practical exam. the key to passing that one? sanitation! and safety.

the goal? to pass these two little tests the first time around. so that way i won't have to pay the 80 dollaa bill testing fee again, and have to wait 30 days until i can test again.

these tests are haunting me. i've been staring at my homemade note cards filled with random information for days now. trying to remember what the epidermal-dermal junction is. or what the average rate of nail growth is in the normal adult. but i've just been staring!

why won't my dinky little brain just suck this up?! today i forgot my scriptures, and i am new to this whole "library thing"... which is so fun to me. i've stared at so many people i could probably get arrested. so maybe that's why i seem to keep loosing focus.

so what am i doing to do? i'm going to blog. 

i will not regain any focus.

i will keep listening to the same songs that have been on repeat for days.

and yes, i will continue to keep making uncomfortable eye contact with the nerd with a receding hairline sitting directly in front of me, literally inches away.  


yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment