Monday, April 30, 2012

day nine

it's day nine of being in moses lake.

and do any of you realize how adorable my little sister is?

i'm starting a new thaanng. "text's from taylor"
you see, taylor has an iphone, and she's quite the little texter.
sure you have to decode half of it, but she get's the point across.
it's sent most of us into giggle fits so it'll be perfect for the rest of you.

not only does she text, but she's referred to me as ma'am this entire vaca.
my mother went to idaho on wednesday to take my grandmother back home, and i got the privileged to watch taylor. that's when the whole "yes ma'am, no ma'am" thing began. whenever i ask her to do something, she replies "it would be my pleasure". if i'm not ready to party, or have to send a quick email before we run to the store she simple replies... "no rush."
where did this young women come from?! don't get me wrong, she still spits me some sassy comments. or sometimes replies with an... "of course you are." or "yeaahh, yeah. whatever crazy." sometimes i just stare at her to freak her out. only it doesn't freak her out she just stares back and next thing you know we're having a staring contest. which she always wins...


also, if i make her something to eat and it's decent she'll tell me it's good. but when i make something that she really likes it's turns from good, into being the bomb.com. which she says in a dignified matter, eye' s huge, hands raising the roof in excitement, trying to have another staring contest with me. 


i love that little 16 year old.


she's put up with my random dance moves, my urges to create food masterpieces, my addiction to grey's anatomy (which she wondered into the living room sunday night and asked to watch with me, proclaiming how much she liked it. and you know what? i believed her. her eyes fixated on the television, netflix episode after episode.) and every hair style i have attempted on her. when i picked her up after school today she admitted to me that she hid her glasses that i was frantically looking for this morning so we could get her off to school on time. why did she hide them you may ask? so she could stay home with my all day.


she may seem to actually like me by inviting me to go on all these bike rides with her, asking when we can party, and summoning me to a dance party by blasting music in the kitchen and coming at me with all kinds of dance moves... which she's doing right now... but she also keeps dancing on over to the garage door and peeping into that three car garage in hopes to see our mothers red durango roll into her vacant parking spot.


she's got a big heart.


and big scary eyes that she's staring at me with from across the room like a lion would stare at it's prey.


let the staring contest begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment