Wednesday, February 16, 2011

a heartbeat at my feet

i don't have many memories about living in idaho as a kid, but i'll never forget one day specifically.
 all us kids were at home, causing a ruckus.
running out in the corn fields and playing baseball with rocks, or at least thats what i remember..
mom was at work, and dad had just gotten home.
i'm pretty sure i was one of the last kids to run to the front yard.
i pushed through mini crowd of siblings that had already surrounded my dad, and thats when i saw him.
the fluffiest saint bernard puppy i had yet seen in my life.
and he was ours.
whether mom knew about it or not.

we moved around, and to be honest i was too young to remember much.
but i do remember loving that dog. 
my grandparents had a saint bernard, and heck.. it might've been the same dog.
ben.
i'll never forget when he saved me from the angry goats my grandma had.
like a knight on a white horse.

well, where the fetch is my knight on a white horse now? 
i'm ready for a puppy.
A SAINT BERNARD PUPPY.
aawwwhh yeaaaahhhh.
 
the second i'm out of student housing for good i'm taking the plunge. 

3 comments:

  1. I remember Ben :)
    Annnnnd those angry goats. I remember getting knocked down by the water tank by one of them. Stupid old goats!!
    I want a st. bernard too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was the best...I can still remember I would ride him...He would take me from the front door to the gate. You gotta come back cousin :(

    ReplyDelete