Tuesday, February 15, 2011

more like tuesday's with satan.

woke up too late to shower.
was a grease monkey.
no breakfast.
the sink ate one of my most prized possessions.  
(one of the diamond earrings my mum gave me on my 18th birthday) 
had a meltdown.
wore the one earring the rest of the day, too scared to let it out of my sight.
got put in dispense to work my laundry magic and wash at least 300 towels.
(which i can usually do in record speed)
broke the washer.
leaving only fifteen clean towels.
thought i was going to a job fair at 11:00.
told the new secretary i couldn't take a client because i didn't have time, when i did.
we weren't leaving till 11:45, and this client is an angel.
she was referred to me, and i shut her down.
led the way to the job fair.
scratch that.
led the wrong way to the job fair.
making us all 45 minutes late.
ate a disgustingly disappointing lunch.
heard relentless stories of abusive marriages ending in divorce.
was convinced to promise myself never to marry.  
(the unknown terrifies me) 
did the best cut and color in my school carreer yet.
and my client hated it.
came home.
crumbled onto my bed.
feet aching, hips shooting pains.
pulled out that old box of memories.
looked through the pictures, letters, sea shells, handmade gifts, and hello kitten band-aids.
cranked up some pink.
and let it all sink in
tomorrow will be better. 
...i'll have both my earrings in. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment