Thursday, June 2, 2011

fearless

i'm up to my elbows in homework; and of all chapters, it's anatomy... so much fun. 
my family would be so proud.
my butt is practically numb due to the fact that i've been sitting on the floor for hours, my nose deep in all these books. not going to lie, i kind of like it. one thing getting my through all this wild studying is my girl t.swift.
i use to be so obsessed with her, and maybe i still kind of am? she was the soundtrack to my junior year of high school. the day i met her is still #1 on the list, "best days of my life".
i'll never forget that day. it was the best concert i've ever been to, and i was surrounded with all the people i love most in life. 
we all shared that moment together. letting the world see every emotion we had in us.
whether it was about the man we only dreamt of, the love we wish we could find, the love we had found, the love we had lost, the guys who screwed us over, the best friends we had, the crushes we told each other about, or the family we were lucky enough to have.
all the deep and raw feelings of every girl imaginable, we threw out that night for all to see. 
and no we weren't the only ones. there was hundreds of us, all in one giant venue, hands up in the air, screaming out what we all wish we could say in everyday life.
it was like a giant slumber party, where you give each other therapy sessions without the fatty overpriced bill.
as i left that stadium that night, and the weeks and months that followed where i lived by the words of taylor swift, she practically became my guru. 
and hey, she's not too shabby for a personal guru. i've learned lots :)

point is. as i sit in my apartment listening to taylor swift, two years after my junior year of high school, after i've been through hell and back, up and over every mountain, i almost feel like that 16 year old junior again.


i loved that girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment