Tuesday, August 30, 2011

in the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips

oh, how i miss my sisters.
me and tay had our little sleepover, and then my parents kidnapped her and took her back to washington.
stephanie leaves for texas on thursday. uhm, what the heck? the whole "having a sister 20 mintues away" was starting to get really fun.
kellie. oh kellie. well, kellie won't stop popping out kids and she's still awesome. i think her kids add to her being so fun.
and then there's april, who is in flippin ohio! do you know how far ohio is from utah? about 1491.98 miles. if only i could time travel.
remember when you're younger and you hate your siblings with a passion? especially sisters. they barrow your clothes, they let you barrow their clothes only if you promise you wont stretch them out. (maybe i'm the only one that got that when i went through my fat middle school stage.) you lose or break curling irons and straightners. you have to deal with their annoying immature boyfriends, and they someimes have to deal with yours. you secretly want to hang out with their friends, but even when you try they throw you out.

well, just an f.y.i. all that crap fades away with time. thank goodness. my sister's are my best friends and i honestly couldn't do anything without them, and the best part is that they all have their own roles. april is the one who pushes me to wear pink, and high heels. and i'm actually starting to love all of it. kellie is a tricky one. sometimes seeing all of her kids running around it's practically the cheapest birth control a girl my age can find. but as i see her handle it all, and when i catch myself actually handling it all it makes wanting a giant family seem so much sweeter. stephanie makes me want to conquer the world. her dating advice is always on point, and she always checks up on me in that area after every encounter. plus, she's a wizard. and taylor marie. i could go on about that little gem for years. she makes me love everyone, and actually boosts my confidence because that little girl isn't afraid of anything, and if she isn't afraid of anything, i sure as heck shouldn't be either.

but let me remind you that no stork just dropped us off on our parents porch.

we all came from my mother and father. except for april technically, because that would just be disgusting and really weird.  
and oh, how we all caused them grief growing up, but i'm starting to feel like that's almost a right of passage. unfortunetly..
i honestly don't even know how my mom still has hair.
if kellie didn't cause her enough grief, and then stephanie, i had to at least almost give her a heart attack.
but then again, in the words of my father; "it's not about where you are, it's where you're going". which i believe works for everything, even the past. 
it doesn't matter where you've been, it about where you are. 
and i'm so happy with where we all are.
we're an eternal family, and so far we've been golden with continuing those traditions in our own families.

i wouldn't trade my family for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment