Tuesday, December 6, 2011

red hots

after a long day of school, a salsa run, and a trip to the mall, me and alisa escaped to the temple.
well really, alisa left to the temple and i started beating myself up inside about not going.
but! she forgot her recommend and came back to grab it.
of course i took that as a sign that Heavenly Father was telling me to go to the temple with alisa.. so i went! and it was magical. 

i completely forgot how amazing the temple is.
it can change everything.
i've been on one for weeks now! whatever it is, it's made me start going wild! doing whatever i want and just running a muck.
running off of a total of 5 hours of sleep for days now... and i can't even settle down to take a stupid nap.
but none of that mattered once i walked my ginger self into the temple tonight.
going during finals week is about the best idea EVER.
no one is there. i practically meditated i felt so free.
...probably the greatest moment of my life.

i pray day and night. i pray during the day. i am constantly praying.
i read my scriptures daily. i attend church every week.
i'm doing everything i'm suppose to be doing, but i wasn't going to the temple like i use to.
i forgot how much Heavenly Father loves me.
yes, i know He loves me. i can feel Him everyday.
but i forgot how much He REALLY loves me.
He's created all kinds of things just for me. He's given me an amazing family, an amazing life, amazing people..
and then He created this haven for me to escape from the world whenever i need.
a place where nothing matters but Gods work.
heaven on earth.

it was such a wake up call for me.
where had i disappeared to?
i felt awful. like i had jipped Heavenly Father for giving me so much, and me not taking advantage of every possible glorious opportunity to grow closer to Him.
what a selfish thing of me.

but not anymore.
i think i prayed for forgiveness enough times that i'm clean now..
the temple is about to become my best friend again.
it'll be superb.

18

1 comment:

  1. bird cage tea light holder or bomboniere was a porcelain, crystal or metal box. Some were made with fine gems or precious stones. Inside the boxes, one generally found five small candies, or sometimes sugared almonds. Each piece represented health, fertility, wealth, longevity and happiness. As a result, the tradition prevailed and that's why we offer favors at weddings and bridal showers today.

    ReplyDelete