Friday, December 9, 2011

"since u been gone"

FAILURE.
it's 1:34AM.. and i'm just now blogging.
it completely slipped my ginger mind! but i am totally wide awake right now.. so i'm going to pull the whole "i haven't gone to bed yet, so technically it's still thursday" crap.

tomorrow i'm graduating for hair school.
now pick up your jaw while i kill the shock factor on that one. not graduate graduate, i still have about 400 hours to do. but! by the time the next graduation rolls around i'll be long gone.. so it's my time! :)
kind of sad i didn't decided to tell me mama until today, because i kind of secretly wish she would be there tomorrow, but hello! it's practically mid december... if any of you know that women she's neck deep in all kinds of christmas right about now.
 she's the greatest woman in the world.. so i guess i'll have to spare sharing her for this one event.

yesterday i reread my very first blog post.
"things to be excited for in 2011" 
number one being my brother coming home from his mission.. greatest moment of my life.
number two being graduating from school.
but i'm not.
talk about disappointing.. i won't be graduating until january/februaryish.  
as i look back on why it's taken me so long though, i dont really care. it was worth every minute.

i experienced life.
life straight up owned me at times, and sometimes it was my best friend.
my sisters became my best friends, i got ditched coming back from las vegas, i met every guy in the book (good and bad), i lost who i was but found myself all over again. i ran away to san diego and had to fish my camera out of my own urine in vegas.. i learned how to cook! i got to see mason and abby each turn one year old. i experienced my first pothole devastation. (those things can annihilate any tire.) i got to see katy perry in concert. i was able to visit my best friend in good ol' rexburg.. along with my grandma. (love that women.) i experienced my first birthday away from home. i went through at least five fish. i gained a few best friends. i got one awesome sunburn. i helped welcome little baby dylan into the world. i witnessed a horse completely snap it's leg in half. (heartbreaking, i will tell you) i enjoyed many a few thunderstorms. i lived alone for three months. i discovered gmh.com. i got yet another nephew.. bryce taylor. i spent an unhealthy amount of hours at the pool. i became a beach bum with my family in oregon. i got an incredible amount of ish stolen from me. i shot my first gun and was dang good at it. i road tripped with a band full of british strangers. at one point i became a total book worm and i even rushed the BYU football field, hand in hand with my brother..

point is.. i may not be graduating exactly when i want to be, but i don't regret a single thing.

it's 2:23 now.. thankfully i took a good long nap today.. and i'm still running off of red bull.. whaaatt?

good night world.

don't forget to say your prayers

16

No comments:

Post a Comment