Tuesday, August 23, 2011

their generation forgets what generation raised our generation

leaving home is always bitter sweet.
i'll say it; i miss utah and i miss my college friends. 
but i know the second i'll leave i'll begin missing home, my family, and all my childhood friends.
nothing is better then family, and after a year of being away from home i've realized what friends of mine are practically family, because once you leave high school and move on with your life, only the true friends are going to stick around to see your sequal of life in the real world.

family is an amazing thing. i'm so thankful to have mine. this trip has made us all closer then ever. my first few visits home i would always ditch my family for friends, and never saw a thing wrong with it. my family always going to be there, my friends..? i dont know. 

this trip i've realized that my family is pretty dam(like a water dam) cool . my dad is probably the best guy friend i'll ever have. best part is; he'll tell me if my outfit is ugly. he'll weed out guys for me. he can afford to take me anywhere for dinner. he always opens my door for me. he's honest with my even when i don't want to hear it. he can still spoil me rotten. he laughs at my dumb dam jokes. he can change the oil in my car. he rocks out to "paradise city" by guns n roses. he's not afraid to drill a hole into your toenail to drain blood. he break checks people on the highway, and giggles about it. and can still joke around with my mom about stuff none of us kids get. 

and my mom, she's a silly one. she still thinks i have 19 arms andthat i'm out to get her. i'll ask her anything like, where's your camera? and her response; why? you can't use it. what do you want? or she'll want me to do the dishes, watch the kids, shower, pick up my room, and eat dinner all at once. i always wonder how she expects me to do all of this at once, it obviously being impossible, but it's because she can. my mom can cook a fair winning pie, do the laundry, get a pedicure, go grocery shopping, cook dinner, get her diamond wedding ring polished, play with the kids, do payroll, and kill it on the elliptical all at once. she's also the queen of finding a birthday present of yours months past your birthday, making your birthday last much longer then it should. but she also has a backbone. my senior year i was perched on our over sized footstool in the entry room, giving her sass, when she marched on over to me and shoved me off of it so i face planted into the carpet, her laughing as she waltzed back into kitchen. after a long sunday she walked around the house that night, her bangs blown back, looking like the oh so famous farrah fawcett. she just giggled and continued to own the look for the rest of the night, serving peach cobbler and searching the house up and down for "the blind side".

kellie had her baby last week and my mom stayed behind to help her tend the rest of her 12 kids, so it's just been us siblings at home for the past few days. let me tell you, being home alone with your siblings all day is much more fun when you're older. me and steph have been elbow to elbow getting ready. scott having movie marathons and us trickling in and out of every showing. doing ridiculous things with the nieces and nephews, determined to get a giggle or two out of them. making lunch together. flipping each other off with our ring fingers. and having music education constantly. we're actually about to go fishing, just all of us kids... so i'll catch ya'll later..

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment