Tuesday, April 24, 2012

the girl on fire (or her eyes at least)

i don't even know what is now happening with my sweet sweet red devil infested eyes.

my darling older brother gave me his sickness almost two weeks ago, and on day 3 my eyes began to swell up and got inflamed. yes we all thought it was pink eye, but we were all wrong!
it was some kind of other infection rotting my eyes out of my skull.
so we got me some drops, glycerin or something like that. and i started pumping those bad boys in like it was my job! everyone four hours turned into every two hours because my eyes were only getting worse.

but worse as in waking up with my eyelids completely sealed shut due to all the gunk seeping through my eyelids as i tried to sleep my disease away. may i remind you all of this is happening while i'm sneezing up snot rockets on the windshield of my brothers car, coughing up a few blog clot looking things, eating only cough drops and forcing water down my throat, studying 12 hours a day for my test (which i passes. drinks for everyone!), my throat and tongue swollen making me look like a dog unable to put it's tongue back in it's mouth.


you're getting the picture, right?


well, i kept pumping the drops in. and stopped wearing make up due to the irritation and to a challenge my dad gave me. 10 days without makeup. without face wash. without everything. just my skin and water. and it's been glorious! yes i look crazy, but it's so nice to not do anything. anyways, back to my lucifer eyes. 


my dad came down, told me i was fine. and since he knows what he's talking about i'm suppose to believe him, right? so i sucked it up and came to the fact that my eyes were just going to stay this way forever. we drove home to washington on saturday, and let me just tell you all... mama didn't like what she saw. she took me to urgent care sunday afternoon only to find out that i'm allergic to the drops that i've been flushing my eyes with every two hours for the past week. that's what i get for being a redhead, sensitive to everything. so my infection might've been gone, but my eyes were pleading with me to stop pouring acid into them every second of the day.

so i got new drops. they're full of steroids. that's right s t e r o i d s. am i eating a few hoping they'll help me get buff? maybe. probably not. but maybe. it's day 3 of my drops and my eye's actually look better believe it or not.


i wear my sunglasses everywhere, looking like i just got out of rehab. but i think i'll spare the innocent citizens of such horror. even my dentist offered to let me wear them while he worked on me. in which i replied... "no thank you. i think i'll just close my eyes." (duh.)


so that's that. i'll continue to looked possessed until i roid out. lucky me.



 day 6
 day 7
 day 8
 day 9
day 10
(scott's favorite)

No comments:

Post a Comment